Oxford Editing, an English language editing firm, was founded in 2006 by Dr. Matt Duffy who wanted to help other academics publish their research. Oxford Editing offers customized academic editing services of professional quality, at an affordable rate, and with a rapid turnaround.
Our academic editing services include copy editing, content or substantive editing, proofreading, formatting, citation checking, and graphic design. We edit research papers, proposals, journal articles, conference papers, books, dissertations and theses. We also edit statements of teaching philosophy and other application materials, text books, and website copy. While we specialize in academic manuscripts, we can edit any document that needs editing.
Our mission is to help our clients publish their work or receive funding by delivering top-notch, professional editing services.
Why Choose Oxford Editing’s Academic Editing Services
Experience and Expertise
We carefully vet our professional editors. Many of our editors have Doctorates or Master’s. Some editors are active in their fields, conducting research or teaching, and others are retired from successful academic careers. We have editors who have published in medical journals; served as editors of medical journals; written, edited, or translated articles or books, including text books; or worked as professional editors for decades. Our editors, who are based in the US, the UK, Australia, Canada, and Europe, have helped countless academic authors throughout the world get published or receive funding.
Confidentiality and Security
Oxford Editing’s academic editing services follow the highest publishing industry standards. We treat your materials with the utmost respect and hold them in the strictest confidence. We would never release any information about our clients or their work to a third party. We would be happy to sign a Nondisclosure Agreement (NDA) upon request.
Personalized Academic Editing Services
We strive to offer personalized academic editing services that surpass common expectations. Your editor serves as your advocate, working deeply, intelligently, and precisely to ensure that your manuscript is flawless.
How We Can Help You
When we receive your manuscript, we take careful note of the requirements you specify. If necessary, we request more information on your deadline, the journal name or formatting or style. Susan Hatch Morgan, our Managing Editor, then identifies an editor in or familiar with your field who is available within your timetable. The editor prepares a sample edit of 500 words or 10 percent of a submission under 5,000 words. The sample edit demonstrates the type of edit your manuscript will receive.
The sample edit uncovers and demonstrates the level of edit your paper requires and helps us calculate the cost of editing your document.
The levels of edit range from a structural edit that considers flow and logical order to proofreading a final time before submitting to the publisher. We quantify these editing levels as heavy, medium, and light editing.
To submit a document for a price quote and sample edit, please click this link:
For an accurate quote, please send your entire document for the sample edit. With the full document, your editor can consider if the text could benefit from a structural edit. Please note that without the full document, we cannot provide you with a firm price quote.
If you have any questions about our academic editing services before you submit your document, please feel free to contact Susan Hatch Morgan, Managing Editor, by clicking here.
For information on the genres and subjects we edit, please click the link below.
For information on how our academic editing services can help English-as-a-Second Language (ESL) or non-native English-speaking authors with such writing elements as idioms, word choice, syntax, and verb tense, please click the link below.
To read about other authors’ experiences with our academic editing services, please click this link:
How We Charge
To learn how we charge for our academic editing services, please click this link:
We are delighted when documents we edited are published. Below are some of the peer-reviewed journals we have helped our clients prepare their articles for publication in:
Accounting and Business
- Accounting Review
- European Accounting Review (Taylor & Francis)
- International Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Performance Evaluation (Inderscience Publishers)
- Journal of Operations Management (Elsevier)
- International Journal of Production Research (Taylor & Francis)
- Management Accounting Research (Elsevier)
- American Journal of Nephrology (Karger)
- Cell Biology International (Elsevier)
- BMC Medicine
- Fertility and Sterility (Elsevier)
- frontiers in Behavioral Neuroscience
- International Journal of Nursing Studies (Elsevier)
- Journal of Immunological Methods (Elsevier)
- Journal of Internal Medicine (Wiley)
- Journal of Oncology (Hindawi)
- Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology and Arthroscopy (KSSTA)
- RNAbiology (Landes Bioscience)
- American Journal of Agricultural Economics (Oxford Journals)
- Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy (Oxford Journals)
- Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics
- Experimental Economics (Springer)
- Journal of Public Economics (Elsevier)
Engineering, Computer Science, and Information Technology
- European Journal of Information Systems (Palgrave)
- International Journal of Multimedia Data Engineering and Management
- IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Capability
- Information, Communication & Society (Taylor & Francis)
Humanities and Law
- British Journal of Middle Eastern Studies (Taylor & Francis)
- Ideas in History (Museum Tuscalanum Press)
- Islamic Law and Society (Brill)
- American Chemical Society
- Crop Science (Crop Science Society of America)
- Desalination (Elsevier)
- Environmental Pollution (Elsevier)
- Environmental Toxicology (Wiley)
- Journal of Phycology (Wiley)
- PLOS One
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS)
- Phycologia (International Phycological Society)
- Plant Physiology (American Society of Plant Biologists)
- Chinese Sociological Review (M. E. Sharpe)
- Journal of Behavioral Decision Making (Wiley)
- Journal of Cases in Education Leadership (Sage)
- Journal of Comparative Family Studies
- Journal of International Consumer Marketing (Taylor & Francis)
- The Psychologist-Manager Journal (Taylor & Francis)
- Population and Development Review (Wiley)
- Population Research and Policy Review (Springer)
© Oxford Editing, 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from Oxford Editing is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Oxford Editing with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.