Oxford Editing, an English-language editing firm founded in 2006 by Dr. Matt Duffy, helps academic authors prepare their manuscripts for publication. We offer customized academic editing services of professional quality, at an affordable rate, with a rapid turnaround.
Our academic editing services include proofreading, copy editing, content or substantive editing, writing assistance, verifying correct formatting of source citations, and checking citations. We regularly edit journal articles, books, conference papers, and dissertations and theses. While we specialize in academic manuscripts, we can edit any document, including but not limited to grant proposals, application materials (e.g., teaching philosophy statements, research statements, and CVs), textbooks, and website copy. In addition to editing English-language texts, we offer editors with native-level fluency in French, Portuguese, and Italian. We can also translate French, German, Spanish, and Italian texts into English.
Oxford Editing’s mission is to deliver first-rate, professional editing services to help our clients publish their work or receive funding.
Why Choose Oxford Editing’s Academic Editing Service
Personalized Academic Editing Services
We strive to offer personalized academic editing services that surpass common expectations. Your editor serves as your advocate, working deeply, intelligently, and precisely to ensure that your manuscript is flawless.
Experience and Expertise
We carefully vet our professional editors, most of whom are full-time academic writing and language specialists. Some editors have doctorate or master’s degrees and are still active in their fields, conducting research or teaching, while others are retired from successful academic careers. Our editors have published in medical journals; served as editors of medical and law journals; written, edited, or translated articles or books, including textbooks; or worked as professional editors for decades. They are all native speakers of English, with most residing in the United States, although some of editors live in other countries. Our conscientious and careful editors have helped countless authors throughout the world publish their work or receive funding.
Confidentiality and Security
Oxford Editing’s academic editing services follow the highest publishing-industry standards. We treat your material with the utmost respect, holding your documents in the strictest confidence. We will never release any information about our clients or their work to a third party. We are happy to sign a Nondisclosure Agreement (NDA) upon request.
How We Help You
When we receive your manuscript, we carefully note any editing instructions you provide, especially your final deadline; the journal name or stylistic guide, such as Chicago Manual of Style; and whether you require British or American English. Susan Hatch Morgan, our Managing Editor, then identifies an editor in or familiar with your field who can meet your deadline. The editor prepares a sample edit of 500 words for documents 5,000 words or more, or 10 percent of submissions under 5,000 words. The sample edit demonstrates how your editor will edit your paper and also allows us to calculate the cost of editing your paper based on the editing level the sample edit reveals.
We offer three editing levels: a light edit, which is a line edit, or copy edit (grammar, word choice, punctuation, and formatting style); a medium edit, which may contain a higher volume of line edits and some substantive edits, such as analysis of and proposed solutions for structural problems; and a heavy edit, which may have a higher concentration of substantive edits and/or line edits.
To submit a document for a price quote and sample edit, please click the link below:
For an accurate quote, please send your entire document for the sample edit. We must have the complete document to evaluate the cost. In some instances, we will evaluate a portion of a document. Please note, however, that without the entire document, we cannot provide you with a firm price quote.
If you have any questions about our academic editing services before you submit your document, please click here to contact our Managing Editor, Susan Hatch Morgan.
For information on the genres and subjects we edit, please click the link below.
Our editors regularly edit the work of English-as-a-Second-Language (ESL) authors, checking for grammar, punctuation, and word choice. For more information, please click the link below.
To read about other authors’ experiences with our academic editing services, please click the link below:
How We Charge
To learn how we charge for our academic editing services, please click the link below:
We are delighted when documents we edited are published. We have edited papers for the following journals:
Accounting and Business
- Accounting Review
- European Accounting Review (Taylor & Francis)
- International Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Performance Evaluation (Inderscience Publishers)
- Journal of Operations Management (Elsevier)
- International Journal of Production Research (Taylor & Francis)
- Management Accounting Research (Elsevier)
- American Journal of Nephrology (Karger)
- Cell Biology International (Elsevier)
- BMC Medicine
- Fertility and Sterility (Elsevier)
- Frontiers in Behavioral Neuroscience
- International Journal of Nursing Studies (Elsevier)
- International Journal of Audiology (Informa Healthcare)
- Journal of Immunological Methods (Elsevier)
- Journal of Internal Medicine (Wiley)
- Journal of Oncology (Hindawi)
- Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology and Arthroscopy (KSSTA)
- RNAbiology (Landes Bioscience)
- American Journal of Agricultural Economics (Oxford Journals)
- Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy (Oxford Journals)
- Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics
- Experimental Economics (Springer)
- Journal of Public Economics (Elsevier)
Engineering, Computer Science, and Information Technology
- European Journal of Information Systems (Palgrave)
- International Journal of Multimedia Data Engineering and Management
- IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Capability
- Information, Communication & Society (Taylor & Francis)
Humanities, Law, and International Development
- British Journal of Middle Eastern Studies (Taylor & Francis)
- Ideas in History (Museum Tuscalanum Press)
- Islamic Law and Society (Brill)
- Refugee Survey Quarterly (Oxford)
- American Chemical Society
- Botanica Marina
- Crop Science (Crop Science Society of America)
- Desalination (Elsevier)
- Environmental Pollution (Elsevier)
- Environmental Toxicology (Wiley)
- Journal of Phycology (Wiley)
- PLOS One
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS)
- Phycologia (International Phycological Society)
- Plant Physiology (American Society of Plant Biologists)
- Chinese Sociological Review (M. E. Sharpe)
- Journal of Behavioral Decision Making (Wiley)
- Journal of Cases in Education Leadership (Sage)
- Journal of Comparative Family Studies
- Journal of International Consumer Marketing (Taylor & Francis)
- Motivation and Emotion
- The Psychologist-Manager Journal (Taylor & Francis)
- Population and Development Review (Wiley)
- Population Research and Policy Review (Springer)
© Oxford Editing, 2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from Oxford Editing is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Oxford Editing with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.